What is Graphic Design?
Graphic design is a multi-disciplinary form of communication that applies a strategic mindset of visual and textual principles such as typography, photography, iconography, interactivity, videography, and illustration to communicate ideas or messages. Graphic design is essential for all industries to communicate a brand, products, and services. Meaningful design not only attracts target audiences but also plays a critical role in the success and outcome of goals and plans. A professional who is a communications expert, visual-thinking problem solver and savvy about business is known as a graphic design consultant, a graphic designer, communications designer, art director or creative director.
Why is Graphic Design Important?
Since graphic designers take a human-centered approach to improve communication efforts, they create awareness, inform, and elevate brands to impact user experiences. Graphic designers are perceptive and versatile which enables them to gain a better understanding of their client’s objectives and user goals, and as a result can translate these needs into targeted design solutions. Graphic design is important to any organization because effective visual strategies generate engagement and absorbing information. In fact, 90% of all the information transmitted in the human brain is visual.
Graphic Design Within Instruction Design
Along with collaborating with marketing and advertising, graphic designers typically partner with professionals in instructional design. With 65% of the population categorizing themselves as “visual learners,” graphic design is a critical aspect of any form of training and improving learner experiences. Two major benefits of graphic design coming together with instructional design are improved engagement and retention.
Strong design increases learner motivation and improves learning outcomes. Interlacing imagery and graphics in eLearning content conveys information directly to the learner and facilitates the understanding of related information within the instruction.
Our brains are capable of processing imagery much faster than written content. Studies have shown that implementing graphic design in training can boost learner performance by as much as 400%.
Graphic Designers Benefit Your Organization
Our graphic designers are experts in developing, editing, and managing solutions for new and existing print and digital collateral materials such as:
- Brand Identities
- Brochures, Catalogs, and Annual Reports
- Proposals and Presentations
- Learning and Instructor Guides
- Infographics and Data Visualizations
- Web pages
- Social Media Campaigns
In addition, graphic designers are essential in all industries and complement a wide range of professional initiatives in these fields:
- eLearning and mLearning
- User Experience (UX)
- User Interface (UI)
- Instructional Design (ID)
- XR Learning Solutions (AR/VR/MR)
- In-house Creative Campaigns
Our Graphic Design Process
1. Assess – Assess the situation to gain a holistic understanding of the project. This includes the campaign’s scope, limitations, opportunities, and challenges.
2. Learn – Collaborate with executives to understand the relation between the projects design and business goals. This step requires us to ask a lot of strategic questions.
3. Formulate – Create a plan that includes relevant milestones that directly support the project’s core objectives. Decide on key metrics that would measure the effectiveness of the campaign.
4. Execute – Follow through with the plan collaboratively. We believe strategic thinking works best when we do it together.